Monday, October 09, 2006

Nigella's Chicken with sage, onion, and sausage

I was watching Nigella's new show the other day, and I decided to make the meal she was making, with a few adjustments. So I went to the store and purchased all the necessary ingredients, but by the time I got home, it was too late to start ... so I made it tonight, and it was good! And so easy, which is also good. Here's her recipe for the chicken, and in my version, I used aioli mustard instead of "good English mustard," because that's what I had, and I added artichoke hearts, because they're darn tasty. I marinated skinless chicken thighs with the quartered lemon, the sliced onion, sage, mustard, worcestershire, and olive oil for about an hour, and then I poured all of that on top of the sausages, which I left whole, and about 12 artichoke hearts, which I halved. I covered the pan in tin foil and set it to bake at 350-ish for about an hour. After that time, I uncovered the chicken and let it cook for another 30-40 minutes. Nigella baked her chicken at a higher temp., but my oven doesn't work like that, so I cooked a bit longer. The dish came out of the oven looking, and smelling, quite lovely; however, the picture I took really didn't look so appealing when I looked at it later. So no picture to accompany this tasty dish, but try it anyhow! You can mix and match and change things out to suit your tastes and what's in your fridge that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds good! When are you going to make the artichoke lasagne?