Sunday, November 12, 2006

Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Dark Chocolate


Coconut macaroons dipped in dark chocolate. They're not too sweet, with equal parts of sweetened and unsweetened coconut, and the toasted outside gives them a bit of crunch.

Update: It's not often I do this, but for all that I like this recipe, it's a pain to make and shape.  Mark Bittman's Ultimate minimalist macaroon tastes just as good, if not better--and it only takes a few minutes to throw together.  The recipe can be found here. Dip the macaroons in melted dark chocolate after baking, if desired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll let you bring these over!

Anonymous said...

they were very yummy, though of course the boys preferred the cupcake frosting!

Kt said...

I just realized that Ben & Jerry's coconut almond fudge ice cream tastes a lot like macaroons, or an almond joy. Yum!

The boys were all about the not-pie frosting!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved that B&J ice cream!