Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Dinner


We're not usually a Sunday Dinner type of family, but after a trip to an organic butcher, among many other places today, I found myself with a perfectly lovely piece of flank steak. My preferred method of cooking flank steak is grilling; however, the grill doesn't work or is out of gas or something, so that wasn't an option. I ended up making seared flank steak with a shallot-mustard sauce, based on a recipe from Fine Cooking, and it was very good. Along with it I served Hasselback potatoes, glazed carrots, and a mixed greens salad with grapefruit, pecans, and dried cranberries.


For dessert I picked up a few little sweets from a Middle Eastern bakery that we just happened to find along our travels (with a little nudging from me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm