Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grilled Vietnamese Meatballs with Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce

I saw this recipe in the Boston Globe this morning and, when wandering, somewhat aimlessly around the grocery store, decided to try it tonight. The recipe calls for ground pork, but I'd planned to use chicken. Due to an apparent shortage or run on chicken today, however, I ended up using pork as directed. And it was good, really good. I also made tofu non-meatballs, using black soy instead of fish sauce, for the vegetarians. We wrapped all this up in lettuce leaves with thinly sliced carrots, cilantro and a fantastic ginger-lime sauce. I served this with rice, though I think the wraps themselves are filling enough on their own. ETA: I made this a few days later, by special teenage-request, as the leftover tofu meatballs made a good lunch the next day. This time I made the meatballs with ground chicken, a combination of breast and thigh meat, and they turned out very well, too. Golden and delicious grilled meatballs
Flare-ups were not uncommon
Tofu meatballs
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

ELR said...

Looks yummy! I'll take mine with full pork,please :)