Saturday, May 28, 2011

Maple-Dijon Bacon and Creamy Eggs over Asparagus


Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorite meals. I love breakfast foods--and rarely get the chance to eat them in the morning. I saw these recipes on "5 Ingredient Fix" as part of a larger brunch but didn't feel the need for more. The bacon is glazed with maple syrup and Dijon mustard, so it's sweet but not too, and it literally melts in your mouth when you eat it. Baking it in the oven makes it super easy.



The eggs are soft and creamy, fully cooked, though, and without using any cream. They're slow- and low-cooked, so the protein doesn't develop into large curds. I cooked the asparagus on the stove, vs in the oven per the recipe, but either way works just fine. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: