Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grilled Shrimp Lollipops




Between vacation, a fierce cold, and then losing power for several days, I have some catching up to do here. However, I do have a recipe I made tonight, and it was both different and tasty. The basis for this came from watching Ming Tsai last night, when he made a deep-fried version of these shrimp skewers as an appetizer. The two ingredients he highlighted were kaffir lime leaves, which I always have in the freezer, and shallots, my favorite member of the onion family. He made a paste of the shallots, lime leaves, Thai bird chilis, unsweetened coconut, and shrimp and then molded the shrimp around a skewer and rolled it in rice flour. For me, since I wasn't frying these, I brushed the shrimp lightly with oil just before grilling and then cooked them for just a few minutes on each side. I served the shrimp over jasmine rice with a ginger-lime sauce and Bibb lettuce salad. You could also wrap the dumplings in the lettuce leaves if you want to skip the rice. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anna said...

They look tasty! I saw that episode, too. ;)