Saturday, February 11, 2012

Buttermilk Roasted Chicken


Inspired by Smitten Kitchen's efforts with buttermilk chicken, I decided to try it, too. There's always leftover buttermilk, and I'm always up for new ideas on how to use it.  I marinated a whole chicken in buttermilk with herbs and spices and things and then roasted it, minus the excess liquid, for the usual amount of time. And you know what? It's really good--even if you do only marinate it for a couple of hours. Ahem. Maybe if I did it a full day I'd be exclaiming even more. But really, roast chicken makes me happy almost any day of the week, and there are millions of tasty variations. I'm going to have to try this again, with different flavorings I think, and possibly even more time in the buttermilk, just to see what I can see.
It was a roast-everything night, with roasted butternut squash, carrots, and shallots with maple syrup
And roasted beets with oranges


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: