Monday, October 23, 2006

Marcella's bolognese, the next night. It's even better reheated, served atop soft polenta with parmesan. Posted by Picasa Here's a link to the recipe, which is from Marcella's Essentials (vs. her Classic, which has a slightly different recipe.) In case you're tempted to start substituting things--don't do it. Marcella would not approve. The recipe serves four -- six would be stretching, I think. The polenta is based on a Martha recipe and uses four parts liquid to one part polenta. I used half milk and half chicken broth, with a little salt, parmesan, and butter stirred in at the end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it's good with polenta. You know what I usually use it for? Italian lasagne. (insert Homer drooling noise here.)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I love polenta. This looks so yummy. Can you post the recipe for the bolognese?

Anonymous said...

oh, duh, the link is there. Must not post based on picture alone! But it looked so good!

Runner Girl said...

I must admit, when I read your initial post the other night I had never heard of this mystical Marcella in my entire life! I did a little search and found this "open apology to Marcella Hazan". I thought you might get a kick out of it - I know I did!

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/show/331828

Kt said...

That's the post that inspired me to try this recipe! :b