Sunday, November 16, 2008

Anadama Bread

Anadama bread is made with both molasses and yellow corn meal. This recipe seemed slightly different from the anadamas I've made in the past, cooking the corn meal til it was mush and then stirring the molasses into the warm mixture. The resulting product is quite tasty, so I'm not complaining. The recipe, from the New York Times, calls for 6 Tbs of butter, but I only used a little over a third of that -- the 2 Tbs that you mix into the corn/molasses mush, and I brushed a little over the top at the end, but nowhere near the remaining 4 Tbs the recipe suggested. I did, however, follow the suggestion of eating the bread warm with butter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, KT--I followed the same recipe for Thanksgiving anadama bread and also did not use all that extra butter--what were they thinking? I liked the result, and it was easy. Bob isn't an anadama fan, alas--he's more of a rye guy.

Happy December baking!

--Peg