Thursday, November 06, 2008

Buttermilk Roast Chicken

Buttermilk is probably not the first thing you think of for chicken, but this is a super simple and delicious recipe that everyone should try. You can also use plain yogurt instead of buttermilk, though this would also be a great use for the last of the buttermilk that you just don't know what to do with after making biscuits or pancakes. The recipe is from Nigella, and the only changes I made were in the oven temperature, because everything in my kitchen cooks at 325 degrees, and I used all legs so everything would cook at the same rate. I served this with broccoli, rice, and sweet chili garlic sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks brilliantly simple!!! and after my not so pleasant introduction with buttermilk, I would like to get reacquainted with it. What better way than this!!!

I am sooo doing this for tonight's dinner party!