Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Guinness-Braised Chicken with Shallots




I made this last night, and I've been kicking myself for not making it earlier in the year, when it was actually cold. Fall is only just around the corner, right? The recipe is simple, and the results are super flavorful. I marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs in Guinness and crushed garlic for about an hour. Then I browned the chicken, removed it from the pot, and let about 1 cup of sliced shallots cook down. To those, I added the Guinness from the marinade, then some sliced carrots, chicken broth, thyme, and salt and pepper. Then I added the chicken back to the pot, stirred it around, and let it simmer, mostly covered, for about an hour. The end result was very tender and juicy chicken that almost shredded itself. I served this over polenta with cheese. And now Guinness Week is over. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

sara said...

boy, that looks good

Kt said...

It was! You should have come over.

Anonymous said...

Just in time for my cooler weather! I am *sure* to be making this!