Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Catch-Up


I've now recovered sufficiently from Thanksgiving to say a little about the non-dessert foods we had. The thing with Thanksgiving foods, though, is that the menu is fairly predictable--which is both good and bad. I always have a long list of things to try, but I don't want to (or can't) take out one of the regulars, and there's already a lot of food. I'm not sure how people do different themes every year, though I appreciate the creativity. The turkey was about 14 lbs--more than enough for our group of 11, which included vegetarians. It's resting on a bed of cilantro, well, because why not? Plus, three of us each bought big bunches of it. Everything else is vegetarian-friendly, save for the gravy.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

ELR said...

What is in the bowl in the bottom of the picture with the salad? Looks like green grapes but I'm sure they must be something else.

Kt said...

Olives! They're one of the things my mom has to have--and B and R love them, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh! For a moment I thought you had only had desserts, you know?

Everything looks mouth-watering...

Kt said...

LOL, that would be a bit much even for me! Thanks M!