Monday, March 03, 2008

Lyon's Chicken Marsala


Feeling inspired, and having most of the right ingredients, I made Nathan Lyon's fabulous chicken marsala tonight. I pulled some chicken breasts out of the freezer and dashed off to buy the key ingredient at the liquor store--where I encountered someone else running in just for marsala. Once defrosted, I flattened two chicken breast halves til they were approximately even in thickness, and I dropped them into some seasoned flour. From there it was into the olive oil, where they became lightly brown and par-cooked. Then the chicken came out, and the mushrooms and shallots went in, eventually followed by marsala and chicken broth. The chicken was then added back in, and it all cooked down til the chicken was done and the sauce had thickened. Instead of the usual pasta, this was served over a saute of leeks, carrots, asparagus, and zucchini, and we had a simple salad of spinach, perfectly ripe pear, and toasted pecans on the side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ijust got on to this show..I love it, but you make it awfully hard to get is recipes...I watched the stuffed pork with apricots and dates...Great....