Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mom--and all the other great moms out there, too! For Mother's Day this year we went out to brunch--Cajun brunch, no less, and it was good. But with the fabulous weather we had today, I decided we needed to cook out. We had lime grilled shrimp and tofu, asparagus, warm roasted beet salad with feta and toasted walnuts, a green salad with tomatoes and yellow peppers in a lime vinaigrette, and warm homemade focaccia. For dessert, we had a billowy, soft pavlova topped with whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries, and toasted hazelnuts and then drizzled with bittersweet chocolate.


Cate said...

All of this looks fantastic! Do you mind me asking how many people you're usually cooking for?

Kt said...

Thanks Cate! Generally I'm cooking for four--so yes, there are lots of leftovers. I'm definitely looking forward to lunch today!