Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mom--and all the other great moms out there, too! For Mother's Day this year we went out to brunch--Cajun brunch, no less, and it was good. But with the fabulous weather we had today, I decided we needed to cook out. We had lime grilled shrimp and tofu, asparagus, warm roasted beet salad with feta and toasted walnuts, a green salad with tomatoes and yellow peppers in a lime vinaigrette, and warm homemade focaccia. For dessert, we had a billowy, soft pavlova topped with whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries, and toasted hazelnuts and then drizzled with bittersweet chocolate.

2 comments:

Cate said...

All of this looks fantastic! Do you mind me asking how many people you're usually cooking for?

Kt said...

Thanks Cate! Generally I'm cooking for four--so yes, there are lots of leftovers. I'm definitely looking forward to lunch today!